5 Free Amazing SEO Tools to use…
I’m no SEO expert, but looking after this blog and our company websites, there are a number of free SEO tools that I like to use on a daily basis. Whilst I do say that these search engine optimisation tools are free, some may offer paid plans but with the websites I look after, the ones below are good enough.
Here are my top 5 amazing SEO tools to use…
- Ubersuggest – Neil Patel is an SEO God! His UberSuggest tools is on my browser daily, it helps me with ideas for blog and content. I can put competitors URL’s into the system and it not only gives me keyword ideas, but also allows me to see the backlinks enabling me to contact these influencers to share our work. The tools also gives you an idea of costs when using Google Adwords.
- Buzzsumo – This free tool allows you to analyse the content of a blog or website, showing its social shares and who actually shared the post. Paid plans allow you to expand on their free tools, which can be worth their weight in gold.
- Ahrefs – The majority of the tools on this website are part of paid plans, but they do offer a free backlink checker tool. This is another great tool to see what influencers and sharers your competitors are using. Another great paid for plan if you have the budget.
- GTMetrix – Not a lot of people know that (Michael Caine) your website load speed can have a huge effect on your ranking on search engines. This great tool breaks the website down showing you areas where you can improve. Make sure that the server is set to the same region as your audience and server, to get the best results.
- Socialblade – Video marketing is huge and a great way to boost your SEO rankings on Google, use SocialBlade to see what your competitors are doing and how many subscribers they have, enabling you to mould your channel into something that your audience wants to see.
There are the more obvious choices of tools including Moz.com, Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster tools, but these should be in your go-to lists anyway. The ones above are the tools, I believe will help you go over and above, especially UberSuggest.
SEO help via YouTube
There are loads of people considering themselves to be SEO experts on YouTube, but by far my favourite and most helpful is Neil Patel. His 5-10 minute videos break each subject up into bitesize and easy to take in chunks and I’d love to meet this guy one day. He also does a daily podcast which is well worth a listen.
What are your favourite free SEO tools?
Have you got a favourite SEO tool that you use, drop me a line or a tweet to let me know. Is there a tool thats hidden away that should be used on a daily basis, please do let me know.